Mentally Healthy School
Frederick Irwin has partnered with the initiative of Act Belong Commit which has the guidelines for promoting positive mental health by providing a simple approach everyone can adopt to become more mentally healthy.
Our Mentally Healthy Schools Program provides a framework to embed Act Belong Commit within the classroom, school environment and whole school community to boost the mental health and wellbeing of students and staff and prevent the onset of mental health problems.
The program aims to:
• Encourage our students to adopt mentally healthy behaviours early in life
• Build resiliency so they can cope better with problems and stress
• Reduce stigma around mental illness and increase openness about discussing mental health
• Build the capacity of staff to create mentally healthy school environments
• Foster partnerships between schools and their communities.